Monday, February 12, 2007

Great event

Following up on my post from last week, we did in fact throw a great party on Friday night.
Northwest Exclusive hosted about 50 guests at the Barrel House in Yakima, where we offered a tasting menu of Beechers' cheeses, fruit, five cuts of aged beef, and several wonderful wines topped off with Ivory Coast Truffles from Theo Chocolate.

The feedback we got was overwhelmingly positive, and I'm pretty sure no one went away hungry!

The Chef for the evening, Paul was going full steam trying to stay ahead of the hungry tasters, and was very successful in preparing each sample perfectly. Thanks Paul!

Both Kestrel and Wineglass Cellars joined us and were kind enough to bring some very special pre-release wines for the group to sample. I was very impressed with both of these wineries, their new wines, and the great people. Wineglass Cellars brought their new 2004 Sangiovese which I found to be delightful; soft, smooth, and fruit forward but not sweet.
Kestrel brought both 2003 and 2004 Malbec as well as their Old Vines Merlot which was HUGE, powerful, and to my palate very "un-merlot." I love it.

These events are a fantastic excuse for us to share our passion for Northwest food and wine with our network of friends, colleagues, and known foodie/wine freaks. I can't wait to host another event one day soon. Watch for an upcoming Seattle date!

What I'm eating: Pagliacci Pizza Salumi Primo
What I'm drinking: O'douls Amber
Who I'm hanging out with: Em, Fletch, Baia, Matt, and Amy

Cheers

No comments: