Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Prepping for Northwest Exclusive opening (east)

Here we are, t-minus two days before our second tasting event at Northwest Exclusive.
I really enjoy these events because I get to actually share a little bit of my favorite flavors, foods, wines, and brands from the great Northwest.

As you may or may not know, we held our "opening" in mid-November at Stevens Winery in Woodinville. The intent was to rally some foodies, wine freaks, and friends in order to explain what the heck we are up to with this little venture and provide them with some great food and wine to sample.

Tim and Page Stevens (owners of Stevens Winery) were kind enough to provide the space, pour the wine, and make it pretty damn easy to throw a fun event. I'm hoping our second event is as successful!

So we're invading central Washington, Yakima to be specific. On Friday we'll host about 50 guests and I'm pretty sure they're in for a treat. We'll serve four kinds of beef including Prime filet mignon, ribeye, and ny strip, as well as American Kobe ny strip steaks. We plan on pairing the steaks with a minimum of two great wines...probably selections from Wineglass Cellars and CR Sandidge.

This time around we're expanding the tasting menu a bit to include a pre-release sample of a very special wine (not telling,) and the most amazing truffles I've ever tried (Theo Chocolate truffles.)

My hope is we're able to show the folks in Yakima a good time and solicit some candid feedback about our products, packaging, positioning, and overall value proposition.
At a minimum I'm guessing they won't go away hungry.

If you find yourself in Yakima Friday evening, send me a text...I'll guide you over to our event.

Cheers

No comments: