Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Welcome to my world

So I'm sitting here overlooking beautiful Elliott Bay, fuming over the fact that I'm missing the "Triple Winemakers' Dinner" at El Gaucho in Seattle...featuring none other than Mark Ryan and Stevens Wineries (two of my favorites.) No, they didn't sell out but I did. I'm taking a bit of time off from my vices to "clean the machine."

I decided to start this blog in order to keep track of some of the wonderful food, wine, and goings on I run across in the Pacific Northwest. I don't think anyone will read this drivel, but at least I'll get it down in "print."

In order to justify my unnatural preoccupation with all things Northwest food and wine, I've actually started my own company, Northwest Exclusive www.nwexclusive.com .
We focus on... you guessed it premium food and wine from the Pacific Northwest. Check it out.

From time to time I'll drop in, tell you what I'm really into in terms of PacNW food and wine, maybe complain about some of the bullshit I see in my day to day existence, and tell you what I'd be eating/drinking if I had the choice.

Since I'm surviving on odwalla and eggplant right now i can't tell you about the great stuff I tried today, but I can tell you what I'd have/do given the choice. Here goes:

Food: NW Prime petite filet and a few langostinos
Wine: CR Sandidge 2002 Tri*Umph
People: My buddy Derek and Chuck D from Public Enemy (its my blog and I can eat with Chuck D if I want to)

Later.

No comments: